Over the last 40 years Valleys Kids has built up an impressive track record of improving the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged in society through working closely with the local community. This is an exciting time to join us as we are undergoing a period of transition building a new income generation team.
We’re looking for a successful bid-writer, to join the Fundraising Team on a fixed term basis, who has proven experience of securing substantial funding from Trusts and Foundations. You’ll be a self-starter and problem solver who can use their creativity and build effective relationships.
You will work with the Business & Finance Director and Fundraising Team to develop and establish a long-term Sustainability Strategy to increase restricted and unrestricted income streams.
Role: Trusts & Foundation Fundraiser
Terms: Fixed term 10 x month contract to end no later than 31st July 2022
0.5 FTE post – 18.5 hours pw
25 days holiday pro rata
3% pension contribution
Salary: £31,400 per annum pro rata
Post will be managed by the Fundraising Manager and supported by Director of Business and Finance
Location: Home based, with requirement to attend meetings at various Valleys Kids Centres
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maximise income from Trusts, Foundation & National Lottery sources.
• Collaborate with Project Co-ordinators and Fundraising Team to develop proposals and targets to meet the needs of Valleys Kids’ core activities.
• Work closely with the Project Teams and Senior Leadership Team to identify work that meets the funding interests of Trusts & Foundations.
• Prepare persuasive funding applications to deadlines and respond promptly to acknowledge donations.
• To prepare project budgets in collaboration with the Finance Team and Project Co-ordinators and ensure Finance Team are informed of restricted and unrestricted income.
• To maintain up to date records of all communications with funders and ensure that all information is recorded accurately on the database.
• To maintain donor contact details in compliance with data protection legislation and fundraising best practises.
• To monitor and research Trust & Foundation and Lottery criteria and opportunities.
• To work with web designer and Digital Marketing Fundraiser to ensure Valleys Kids website is kept up to date with new developments and acknowledge support appropriately.
• To provide Digital Marketing Fundraiser with relevant details to publicise support from funders.
• To collaborate with Income Generation Team to develop and initiate innovative fundraising ideas
• Affinity with the vision and values of Valleys Kids.
• Experience of researching, collating, preparing and submitting persuasive funding applications.
• Recording and analysing data.
• Evidence of long-term relationship building with external funders.
• Self-motivation and confident to work independently.
• Excellent communicator, both face-to-face and via remote communications.
• Excellent written and numeracy skills
• Ability to manage time effectively, prioritise workload and plan ahead.
• Excellent IT skills
• Understanding of Data Protection and fundraising regulations, compliance and best practice
• Knowledge of Welsh Language
Safer Recruitment Statement
As part of its Safeguarding Policy, Valleys Kids ensures that safe recruitment procedures are in place and that all appropriate checks (including the Disclosure and Barring Service checks and references) are undertaken in respect of all staff.
How to apply:
• Please send a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this post along with a CV to: Lynfa@ValleysKids.org
• Please note that application without a cover letter will not be shortlisted
• Please also complete the Equal Opportunities Form.